As a potential customer you should consider the following when choosing a supplier for your Custom installation and theatre system ( the questions are appropriately foisted from a quality competitors website )
1. How many years in business?
Carlton Audio Visual was established in 1991
2. How many employees do they have?
CAV employs 15 people ish.
3. Do they do ALL the work or do they use subcontractors?
At CAV all programming, cabling, and installations are undertaken by our qualified staff. We sometimes outsource electricians, engineers, and cabinetmakers.
4. Are they a member of CEDIA (Custom Electronic Design & Installation Association)?
CAV has been in CEDIA since 1995.
5. Are their cablers/installers certified and registered with the right authorities?
All Carlton AV cablers/installers are certified, registered, trained and qualified.
6. Are their programmers certified and factory approved?
All our designers and programmers have the correct training, experience and factory certifications.
7. Have they done a job like yours before? Can you be taken to see it?
We greatly value our clients privacy and confidentiality. Its difficult for us to wish upon our clients a visit from a stranger. If you don't know them already ...
8. Do they have a website?
We have had an operating website since 1995 and regularly update it with current information and industry trends. The website is sometimes Planet Geek rather than a "proper" commercial site but as such it reflects the true attributes of our business.
9. Do they have a fully operational showroom with all the products they are recommending? And can you visit them?
CAV has an outstanding presence in the Victorian enthusiast retail scene and is open 7 days a week.
10. Do they import or distribute products they are recommending? Or can they provide an unbiased opinion on a wide variety of products?
CAV are purely retailers, designers, programmers, and installers. We do however nurture supplier relationships as we do our clients. We firmly believe in continuity and are essentially family and tribal in our culture.
11. Are there any feature articles on previous installations in Home Theatre/ Automation and Lifestyle magazines from the prospective installer?
On our website there are sevaral links to "coffee table magazine" articles about a very small portion of our work. Such commentary is Alas often "pay per view" and not like having a client's system in Nat Geo or Sci Am.
12. How do they keep up to date on the latest technologies?
CAV staff possess nigh on 200 years of cumulative industry experience whilst Geek Gen X + is still one third of workforce.
Our sales front liners have tertiary qualifications in audio video and are encouraged to seek appropriate post grad study while they work at CAV.
Our install Staff offer a mix of local trade qualification with overseas work experience that is very cool.
Our staff are encouraged to partake of personal research via web access and supplied journals intra company whilst undertaking available industry training along with pro bodies and RMIT. We are very pleased with the $4000 per capita training allowance that has been offered by the government recently for particular competency area development in our company. Applications are in progress.